Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Boot Camp is kicking my butt

So it's been a while and I've been quite lazy since coming back from Hawaii.

Stress from work and even being annoyed at home has made me just retreat mostly into my room for my own alone time. I expect things to get better in a few months however for home life.

Anyways, I am finally using my bootcamp classes I bought and they've been pretty tough. I wouldn't say tougher than crossfit, but definitely there are a lot more lunges and squats. Really not easy for a bigger guy. I do like how it's a lot of females in the class and how my girlfriend is in the class though. The upperbody workouts are a little easier for me while I am getting a great workout in my core and lower body which is a weakness of mine.

I've done three classes now and I can now complete the class which feels good. Also, not as sore anymore which was a problem after the first two classes. Really, my legs felt like they did after the marathon.

I've started up running again as well which has been tough since I've been trying to change my form and become less of a heel striker. I'll probably get some minimalist shoes soon, but I love my shoes I wore in the marathon too much to let them go right now. What I've been trying to follow is Chi running which is quite similar to barefoot running in terms of form... at least that's how it seems to me.

Anyways, that's all for now. I'll try to post something more substantial soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment